04/14/2020 - 05/31/2020
Online Mass & Spiritual Offerings:
We encourage everyone to stay close to the gift of the Mass. While we are not able to receive communion in person, consider a Spiritual Communion. Here are a few Livestream and online mass options:
- EWTN (Eternal Word Television Network)
- Daily/Sunday Masses at the Cathedral
- Daily Mass with Bishop Robert Barron
- http://www.catholictv.org/masses/notre-dame-mass (Sunday Mass)
- http://www.catholictv.org/masses/catholictv-mass (Daily Mass)
- Catholic Radio Indy 89.1FM and 90.9 FM broadcasts a daily Mass at 8 a.m. each day from the EWTN chapel in Irondale, Ala.
- Archdiocese of Cincinnati / Cathedral of St. Peter in Chains (Live stream of Mass daily at 8:00 a.m.; Live stream of Sunday Mass at 11:00 a.m.)
An Act of Spiritual Communion:
I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love you above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You.
“Our Father” performed by Carey Landry
“You are My All in All” performed by Carey Landry
Our current situation reminds us of our need for God’s great mercy. The Family Life and Faith Formation Committee will be praying the Divine Mercy Novena at 3:00 pm starting on Good Friday (April 10) and going for 9 days through Saturday, April 18 in preparation for Divine Mercy Sunday. (The Chaplet takes less than 10 minutes.)
-Please join us on Zoom by clicking on the following link (everyone will be muted until the meeting starts): https://us04web.zoom.us/j/509600410
Meeting ID: 509 600 410
-If you are not able to join us, we invite you to join us in spirit at another time throughout each day.
-For anyone new to the Divine Mercy Chaplet (or like me it’s been a while) the following website: https://www.thedivinemercy.org/message/devotions/pray-the-chaplet
-Explore the website for the history and information about the Divine Mercy Chaplet. There is also a brief video on Formed about the Divine Mercy Chaplet.
Rosary Guide: On Wednesdays, we would like to invite everyone to pray the Rosary at 10 am as a way to remain connected as a community.
FORMED– Go to ihmindy.formed.org (Click “Register” and enter your name, email address, and desired password)
Complimentary access to Living Faith reflections
Online version of Magnificat
Digital file of Give Us This Day periodical (select Digital in the upper right of the screen)
The IHM Campus is closed which includes the Parish Office located in the Bosco Center. We must all do our part in slowing down the virus through social distancing. The health and safety of our parishioners are vitally important, particularly at this time. Thank you for your cooperation
We are thankful for your continued stewardship support to Immaculate Heart during this difficult time. You may give online or drop off Sunday offerings or any correspondence in the School mailbox located outside at the 57th street entrance to the school. You may also mail your contributions to:
Immaculate Heart of Mary
317 East 57th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46220
Attn: Parish Office
Online contributions through Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or by Credit Card:
IHM Transformational Outreach Opportunities:
1. To help with deliveries to shut-ins at IHM, please call the office at 317-257-2266 to be put on the volunteer list.
2. To help at the St. Vincent de Paul Pantry at 3001 E 30th St. show up there anytime between 7AM and 2PM. Enter through the rear door. See http://www.svdpindy.org/2020/03/urgent-call-for-volunteers/ for more details.
3. To help deliver food to shut-ins throughout the city most Wednesdays, contact Mary Shanlin at SVdP at http://www.svdpindy.org/i-want-to-help/wednesday-home-delivery-opportunities/.
4. Gleaners food bank on the southwest side of the city also needs help daily. You can learn more at https://www.gleaners.org/coronavirus-flu-response/ or just show up when they are open.If you want to hear more about other opportunities and the resources available to our neighbors during this difficult time, please go to https://midtownindy.org/ and sign up for their newsletter https://midtownindy.org/my-midtown-news-march-23rd-april-5th/
5. We have connected with the MLK Center at 40 W. 40th St. They are delivering meals to homebound neighbors and people all over the city. They are working hard to care for our most vulnerable during the COVID 19 crisis every day. Volunteers have delivered more than 2,000 meals so far and more are still needed. Link to volunteer information: https://mlkcenterindy.org/covid/
6. Donations of groceries or other items can be made between 10 am and 2pm. There is a table outside their back door on the north side of the building, to limit person to person contact. If you have any questions or concerns or suggestions, feel free to email or call Allison Luthe, Executive Director of MLK Center 317-923-4581 and Info@MLKCenterIndy.org.
Note: The Boulevard Place pantry is currently closed because we can’t safely work there now. We will try to reopen after Easter if we can solve that problem.